Thursday, December 13, 2012

VPI Windows...to grid or not to grid?

To date our most stressful decision has been which window design and type to install.  Double hung, single hung, horizontal, vertical openings, grids- one row, the whole window, none etc. etc. etc...  (The rest of the house's windows have grids.) Significant other's window desire was a wall of picture windows.  I on the other hand desired windows that could be opened and I would be able to hear the tweets of nature, or the screams of my children in trouble.  The current window decisions are for the first and second floor windows- slash future enclosed deck turned into living room/dining room and larger master bedroom with a view vs. a master bedroom with a deck.  I also have been leaning towards partial grids for the windows.  I feel the look is more high end, but Joe feels that it is a better look for a prison.  I think that if there is at least one row of grids present it would help the windows tie in with the rest of the house and not scream, "HELLO! Addition...".  (It also looks like we are going to have to evict a squatter bird shanty too)

No comments:

Post a Comment